Workin’ it in DC

I’m working in Washington DC for the next two weeks!!

image

Pretty exciting since I haven’t been here since I was 12 and went to nationals for sychronized swimming. I know, I’m pretty cool. Anyway, it’s been about 21 years a while and it’s good to be back.

George is joining me tomorrow night and I hope we get to see a lot more of the city. So far, I’ve seen The Department of Labor (where I’m working) and my hotel suite. Exciting right?!!!

And I know all you stalkers want to see pictures of my hotel room so here you go!

The Bed:

image

I love a nice hotel bed. The bedroom is located at the end of the room and has a desk and tv. When you look toward the door from the bedroom, this is what you see:

image

The bathroom is on the left, the closet on the right and then a living room and kitchen.

The Living Room:

image

The Living Room has another tv and a small dining table.

The Kitchen:

image

The kitchen is small, but has everything including a microwave, stove, dishwasher and fridge!!

image

Our house doesn’t even have a fridge. So yes, we really are living the dream.

The hotel’s in Maryland, but really close to the Metro so it’s really easy to get to all the fun stuff.

That’s all for now. I have crazy jetlag and need to get 105 hours of sleep tonight.

WHERE SHOULD G AND I VISIT OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS???

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Workin’ it in DC

1. Sweet digs! That looks bigger than my apartment! Definitely check out the zoo if the weather gets warmer but one of my favorite places is the National Portrait Gallery by Chinatown. Highly recommend. Also, a walk around the Tidal Basin may give you a show of cherry blossoms soon! If you want a list of restaurants to try, there is a list of reviews on my blog but you can also email me your location and I can give you a bunch of recommendations.

2. uncle daniel says:

Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Georgetown. Try the tour buses that let you get on and off when you like. They give you a map so you can find where you want to catch the next one, if not where you got off. Have a good time.
    Cheers!

3. RV Goddess says:

Jefferson Memorial. Holocaust Museum. Walk/shop around Georgetown and go to as many Smithsonian Museums that you can… especially the Declaration of Independence at the National Archives.

4. Gretchen says:

The National History museum. It is my favorite! The American History Museum is pretty fun too. And I have always wanted to visit the Holocaust Museum. Wow, I sound nerdy! Have fun!

5. Lauren says:

I just got back from DC! I know it’s not exactly local, but Bobby (Flay)’s Burger Palace was delicious- the boozy milkshake, especially!

Also, we kept hearing about 2Amys pizza, but when we went it was closed for lunch ( only on Mondays- boo!). We ended up going to 7th Hill… Super good!

My favorite sites were the Portrait gallery, the Holocaust museum and the Documerica exhibit at the Archives!

6. Leah K says:

Go for a jog around the monuments (about a 4 mile loop from DOL and back) and go eat at Graffiato in chinatown about a 15 min walk and also on the redline. Also go check out the FDR memorial if you have time. So many people miss it but its my fav! I live in SW (near the tidal basin) and would be happy to give you more fun recommendations.

• Lauren says:

Yes! The FDR memorial was wonderful- I didn’t even know it existed until we were there! So impressive (and apparently so not what he wanted-ha!)

7. Becca says:

Ben’s Chilli Bowl (u street metro). it’s a dc classic

8. shannon says:

Definitly the Lincoln Memorial, and the Smithsonian, The American History museum and Natural History museum are wonderful, I spent many hours in each one, and didn’t see everything.

9. Marie says:

If you’re in Chinatown, definitely stop by La Tasca for some spanish tapas and sangria. So so so good!