A Shotgun Wedding!!!

If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, nothing should really surprise you about my family.  You would think we try to break the traditional family mold in every way imaginable. We don’t try, it just comes naturally to us.

Bring on the real modern family.

Let’s do a quick recap of where things stood before today.

That’s my dad on the left, my dad’s partner, Jon, on the right, and Jon’s adopted son Carlos in the middle.  Yes, Carlos is my step-brother…basically.  Carlos is now five.

DSC02261

And that’s my brother, Jeff, his mail-order-bride (not really) from Japan, Tomoe, and their son, Kai.

Then I married the old, black man, G (he’s now 51).

CRW_4105

Mostly for the cake and a mixer, but whatever.  It was legal…and binding.

Before I realized it, I had two step-sons…that were practically my age (they are 17 and 27).

I think that brings us to where we are today.  And now, we need a shotgun wedding.

You’ve probably figured out who’s having the wedding, but if you haven’t, here’s a hint:

DSC05836

That’s right…MY SISTER, EMILY!  She’s gotten herself knocked up and they are getting married today (maybe even while you’re reading this).  And to make it just a little more modern, it’s a surprise wedding.  She knows she’s getting married today, she just doesn’t know when or what will be happening.  It should make for a great blog post…and that’s all I really care about.

Now the nieces and nephews are really starting to add up.  For those trying to keep track, I have 2 nieces from my step-sister, Laura, my nephew, Kai, an unborn nephew (Kai’s brother) and my sister’s fetus.  After today’s ceremony, I will gain another niece and nephew to scar for life mentor.

DSC05662

Jamison’s kids, Toya and Elijah.

Welcome to the family!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Family and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A Shotgun Wedding!!!

1. Mom says:

No Press for your poor old traditional mother and stepdad!

2. Heidi says:

Congrats to everyone! Can ‘t wait to hear what the surprise wedding was!

3. Hubbie says:

I must say, I love kids; but I also love having the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want to do it w/out having to plan for anyone else…just sayin!

4. Janice Dyer says:

Love the pics of your family. Hope to see some of the surprise wedding. 🙂

5. Claire says:

Your Dad is still hot

6. Emily says:

This is good stuff … you guys should submit your story to a reality TV show. Your dad is very handsome btw!

7. Hey, cousin! I think somewhere in the 1980s, our family took a left turn somewhere and went from being hypertraditional (you know, big ol’ victorian “house,” southern grandfather, everyone’s original parents are still together and all that).

I have to say, I really love the huge blended family situation going on. I might not have liked it that much when I was 10, but as an adult, I can really see that it’s made life much richer.

8. Pingback: One Year | CatasTrophy Wife