10+ MILES!!!!

I ran 10.38 miles this morning!!!!!

DSC01427

Sorry for the blur, but it was the best one.  I didn’t have a lot of patience for pictures after running that far and felt like this:

DSC01434

I just wanted to sit down and take a nap.  The run wasn’t too bad…10.38 miles (no walking breaks) in 1h 48m 07s (that’s about a 10m 25s pace).  A pace I’m totally cool with.

However, for the last mile or so, the second toe on my right foot started feeling like it was numb/broken.  That was a bit painful.  My toe is fine now so I don’t know what the problem was.  Anyone have any ideas?

With the 1/2 marathon next Sunday I’m also a little concerned about chaffing.  So far there has only been one chaffing incident…and not where I expected.

DSC01443

My collarbone!  I would have assumed my larger than average thighs would have had a problem or I’d have armpit rubbing or maybe even nipple chaffing.  I did not expect to have collarbone chaffing…weird.  But I’ll take it.

I’m looking forward to doing short runs the rest of the week and I will be so f*cking happy this time next week because I’ll (hopefully) already be done running my balls off!!!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Workout and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 10+ MILES!!!!

1. Sheila says:

You are my hero!!!!!
    And hello….that 2nd pic, is that like frost or something on your hat??? Holy geez!!!!

2. bearrunner says:

Brr looks frosty yet successful!

cheers

3. Hubbie says:

Good job! That’s probably the longest you’ve ever run…& a decent pace too. I wish I didn’t have torn ligaments in my knee; or I would run with you.

4. Wowza! Nice work!!! The longest I’ve done is 6.2, working my way up!

5. Carina says:

Not sure about the toe, my best advice is to clip your toenails a few days before the race. Maybe that will help. And try putting glide on them.

I’ve had clavicle chafing too and I always wear glide there now. But I also do thighs, lower back, under my arms, around my bra, on my toes because I’ve chafed in all of those places. But the clavicle marks were the least sexy!

6. SkinnyRunner says:

congrats on double digits you ball loving maniac.

7. congratttssss!! you should get some body glide, i use that for all my chaffing needs.

8. steph nanna says:

i think you need bigger shoes. i never noticed it before but once i started running longer distances i.e 10 plus miles especially half marathons my feet definitely feel different in running shoes that fit vs running shoes that are a size bigger than your normal shoe size. seriously. they have a stick for chaeffing….it look like deoderant…that may help too. i’ll facebook you on sudays details…looking forward to spending 2+ hours with you while you are getting tortured and complaining the whole time.

9. Jessica says:

I put Body Glide or A&D Ointment EVERYWHERE, I’m not even kidding. Put that sh*t everywhere, it will be your saving grace! I realize I’m late to the party, but obviously I think my imput is muy importante, you’re welcome!