Chi-Town Bound

This morning I’m heading to Chicago.  As some of you may have noticed, G has kind of been missing from the blog lately.  His dad had heart surgery scheduled for a couple of weeks ago so G’s been in Chicago with his family.

This was G and his dad (George Sr.) on the cruise:

DSC06505

And George Sr. and me

DSC06721

I’m extremely sad to report that the surgery did not go as planned and G’s dad passed away on Wednesday.  The entire family is shocked and saddened (as you can imagine).

Please keep G and his family in your thoughts.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Family and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Chi-Town Bound

1. Chels R. says:

I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts & prayers go out to the family. Have a safe trip girl.

2. Hubbie says:

Dad really loved you…& me of course. When I left him after his heart surgery; he was so happy & cracking jokes. I hugged him so hard, he said I almost caved his chest in. I’m just glad that he waited for me to fly back to Chicago; so I could hold his hand as he “went home”.

3. Sandy says:

So sorry to hear the bad news. I’ll keep G and his family in my prayers. Not the best news to hear during the holidays 😦

4. Brandy says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, I know those are contrite words at a time like this. Just know that I will keep you and G and his entire family in my prayers for peace and grace to handle this horrible loss. –Brandy

5. Stephanie says:

So sorry to hear. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers. (((HUGS)))

6. Jenn says:

I’m sorry for your loss. 😦

7. Bronwen says:

I am so sorry for you and your husband’s loss. Mine just lost his mom, so awful!

8. Joanne Call says:

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are w/you & G.

9. Sarah R says:

So very sorry for you and your husband’s horrible loss.

10. I’m so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my thoughts. (hugs)

11. SkinnyRunner says:

praying for your whole famiy right now!

12. Emily says:

So sorry to hear about G’s dad – glad you guys are both able to be in Chicago with his family.

13. lovely coconuts says:

I read your blog often and love to hear about all of your shennanigans. It saddens me to pop on hear and read this. Thoughts and prayers for you, G-man! I’m sure your father was a wonderful man and is up above chillin’ with the angels looking after you and your family. My deepest sympathy goes out. ❤

14. Erin S says:

I’m so sad to hear about G’s dad. Losing a loved one around the holidays is really, really tough. The 21st marked the 3 year anniversary of my mom’s death. It really sucks. I feel for you guys!

15. Mindy says:

Awwwwwww so sorry for your loss 😦 Hang in there!!